Friday 24 May 2013

Unit 35- Experimental Photography

Unit 35- Experimental Photography

For all my experimental images please refer to my sketchbook, as I have completed it all within that along with my notes and annotations. 

Evaluation:

Overall I really enjoyed completing the experimental brief, It took a lot of time, and effort but It all came together. Although some pieces of work worked a lot better then others ( see sketchbook) I think It really helped my to improve my techniques and get a bit creative to make my images stronger. Firstly i made a list of everything so I could tick them of one by one once I'd completed with them, I started with the easier ones such as scanning, To make it a bit more inventive I decided to print it onto different paper, to see how well they came out for images I have realised for a good quality image you will need to use good quality photo paper, normal A4 paper just Isn't good enough!
I got together all different types of materials I could think of i thought i'd really go out with this project as it gives you so much leeway to be creative, I used different colours cards, paints, glues and stickers to make all my images pop.
The one I found most difficult to create was the double exposure image, It's not easy to do but I gave it a few shots and I feel my final image came out quite well, I chose the red colour as it really stood out and I think this was a good choice in the end.
For all the rest of my notes and references for this project please take a look at my sketchbook.

1 comment:

  1. You have identified good points for improvement. You are, however, still using lower case i instead of I, can you please correct. I would also like to see you relate your work to some of your research photographers.

    ReplyDelete